Saturday, October 04, 2008

Cherry Tomato Pasta Salad

Cherry Tomato Pasta Salad

This post has been pending for way too long...The last few months have been very busy for us and blogging has taken a back seat. It was more of a cook comething, eat something and rush kind of routine, with no memory of what was eaten. So, where is the space for a camera here? :-)


But anyway, today I made it a point to publish this simple recipe. We had gone vegetable picking twice over the last two months. Of the bounty which was gathered, were Cherry tomatoes - Wickedly red, deliciously ripe and mildly sweet. I have not tried them in anything other than a salad, to be devoured raw.


Here is one more of my pasta recipes, which I make very often:

Uncooked Pasta ( Any small variety like elbows, penne) - 2 Cups

Cherry Tomatoes - 2 to 3 Cups - Halved

Onion - 1 Medium - Finely Chopped

Capsicum - 1 Big - Finely Chopped

Garlic Powder - 1 to 1.5 Tbsp

Black Pepper - As per taste

Salt - To season the pasta water and additionally - As per taste

For the Dressing:

Olive oil - 1/4 Cup

Lemon Juice - Juice from 1/2 a lime

Boil pasta as per the instructions on the package. Drain into a big bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the ingredients listed for the dressing and mix well. To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice. Pour over the pasta and mix well. Set aside for 15 mins and serve. It can be served hot or cold.

Plum or Romano tomatoes can be used instead of Cherry tomatoes. Reduce the quantity a bit and use about 1 and a half tomatoes.

25 comments:

mitr_bayarea said...

Love this pasta recipe, am glad that you emtnion this can be tried with roma tomatoes as well, since we have plenty in our garden. Thanks for sharing.

Divya Vikram said...

Looks colrful n healthy!

mitr_bayarea said...

Lovely pasta, simple and easy to make. Thanks for sharing.

Jyotsna said...

Hi Chandrika,
Sorry to leave this as a comment but I have no email address for you.

This is to request you to find the time to take a look at my food blog http://thecookscottage.typepad.com ( on which there has been a link to AkshayaPatra for several years) I have been writing it since 2005.

Every few months I have had posts of mine copied wholesale by one paper or another. The latest, and for the third time in a row, is The Times of India group. They published a piece today which was a straight lift from something I had written in May 2006.The proof is there on the blog in the form of photographs. Please follow the links as well so you will know some of the history of their ongoing plagiarism.
My blog is not high prose...nor is it fantastically creative. Nevertheless we all own our words and photographs, published, as they are, not for money but, for the sheer joy of writing about what interests us.
I would be very grateful if you could log onto the site and support me by leaving a comment. It will be immensely helpful for a prospective battle against this very arrogant Goliath.

Kind regards

Jyotsna Shahane Sekhar

Balaji S Rajan said...

We shall try this recipe soon and let you know. It looks good for a breakfast for all.

Sharmi said...

very pretty looking pasta Chandrika!! after so long got to come to your blog.

Geri said...

Sounds really good and it's so simple to make.

Aparna said...

Hi Chandrika,

Nice Blog, Keep posting new recipes..Adding you in my blogroll

Thanks
Aparna

Balaji S Rajan said...

Chandrika,

Few days before we tried this recipe and it came out excellent. It has become regular in our menu nowadays.Thanks for this.

Meenal Mehta said...

Hi Chandrika,

just bumped into your lovely blog and wanted to say hello

do drop by my blog sometime

Happy Holi
-Meenal

Konkani Foodie said...

I always use the store bought pasta sauce and the output never really turns out that great!! I will try your recipe the next time I make pasta. Thanks for sharing!!

John said...

Oh my god. It looks so delicious. I would love to have one.
Thank your for your sharing. I'm gonna try this one.
www.ahacook.com

Hari Chandana said...

Hi Chandrika,

first time here.. you have a very nice blog.. keep posting :)

Thanks
Hari Chandana

Rahin said...

hi chandrika, the salad looks mouth watering

Dazy said...

I'm making this for breakfast today. I think I'll try to shoot it, but I don't think it will be as pretty as your picture!

Mythreyi Dilip said...

Yummy, makes me drool...........

Anupama said...

Pasta in all it's yummy forms and flavours is always welcome. Yours looks yummmmyyy

A 2 Z Vegetarian Cuisine said...

Looks yummy...can have it anytime..

Chetana said...

Hey Chandrika,
First time to your lovely blog....ur page is really colorful wit sum g8 recipes.
Will be bk,
Chetana.
www.indulgence9.blogspot.com

BeenaShylesh said...

i love pasta.......loved the colour....and yummy one...u have a beutiful blog....do vist my blog mykitchen-been.blogspot

Padhu said...

Looks healthy and delicious!!

Anonymous said...

hey, we are missing ur blogs. Hope ur children enjoys ur recipe.

Notcathy said...

What a mouth watering salad? Looks so yummy and healthy.. I'll give it a try. Thanks again.. :)

venkat said...

Wonderful writing ... I have everything at home, and will try it this weekend and also check out my video how to make Thai Red Curry – How To Make Thai Red Curry

Cucumber Raita Salad said...


Your presentation of the recipe is simple and easy. Measurements provided in ingredients is perfect. I tried it and works great.