Buttered Vegetables

Buttered Vegetables

I love vegetables and I love any simple vegetable dish. One of my favorite's is Buttered Vegetables. It's an extremely simple dish, which can be finished in a matter of minutes. I would also call this recipe as a comfort food. It brings back all those memories of Bangalore, where I worked for lot of years, its culture and my many friends...

A word of caution has to be said that this dish is pretty bland. Yet, the enticing aroma of butter and the freshness of the vegetables makes this very appetising.

Recipe:

Ingredients:
Mixed Vegetables (Cauliflower, Broccoli, Beans, Carrot, Potato, Peas) - 1 Cup
Butter - 1 Tablespoon
Salt - As per taste
Black Pepper - As per taste.

Procedure:

First, steam the vegetables. Soften the butter to room temperature. Add the butter to the steamed vegetables. The butter will melt in the heat of the veggies. Add salt and black pepper and toss the vegetables so that the butter evenly coats them.

This recipe is also an entry for the blog event From My Rasoi - Comfort Foods hosted by Revathi of En-Ulagam.

Comments

Revathi said…
Hi Chandrika

The recipe is very simple. I cannot eat brocholi but I am going to give this recipe a try and will let you know how it turned out.

Thanks for the second entry to FMR. See u in the round up

Cheers
Revathi
Chandrika said…
Hi Revathi,

You can omit the broccoli if you don't like it. Though we don't see this recipe in our Indian cuisine, buttered vegetables is a common side dish in the Western kitchen.
Butter is the key to this. Melted butter smells great.
Asha said…
Love it!I made them for my Anniversary dinner.Very flavourful and nutritious.Thanks Chandrika.
Chandrika said…
I am so glad, Asha! I thought I was the only being on earth who loved this simple recipe...I am very glad that you liked it! :-))

Popular Posts